August 25, 2018 2 min read
Do you make your bed Every.Single.Morning?
The house is a mess. The laundry isn’t folded and kids toys are scattered across the house from kingdom come. But yes, I’m one of those people. I make my bed, religiously – Every. Morning. Without fail it’s the very first task of my busy day.
In my adulthood it always has been (a very different story to when I was a kid!). I always thought I did this because I am anally retentive in a lot ways, however I now realise it simply makes me feel good – tidy, organised and less stressed. With the chaos that having kids brings to a home, and the uprise of the importance of self care, making my bed as the very first task I do after I wake each day helps me feel this: calm, positive and ready to tackle the busy day ahead. This lead me to research this topic and my goodness, there are a barrage of interesting and useful articles surrounding this little habit of mine.
So, let me share:
1. Making your bed gives you a sense of accomplishment first thing each morning. It makes you start the day productively.
2. It’s a great habit to model for your kids. They too should be making their beds!
3. It can reduce stress – a made bed makes for a tidy room. The de clutter clears your mind.
4. You’ll sleep better – there’s nothing more satisfying than crawling into a fresh, clean bed which leads me to the next point:
5. It just feels good! For a task that only takes a couple of minutes, there sure are many surprising benefits it brings. Try it, you’ll be surprised at how you feel after implementing this little ritual!